ABOUT   FEATURES   REVIEWS   DOWNLOAD   MEDIA   CONTACT  PLAY NOW

Engineering firm fined following worker’s death

• 39 Replies

tai tai

• +0/-0
  • Ludo King
« on: May 25, 2023, 06:58:55 AM »
 An engineering company has been fined GBP 160,000 (USD 263,127) over the death of an electrician crushed by an overhead crane at its factory in Lancashire, the UK’s Health and Safety Executive (HSE) stated recently.

Liam O’Neill, 51, of Didsbury, Manchester had been trying to replace a control cable when the incident happened at Bamber Bridge near Preston in March 2011. Mr O’Neill died of his injuries a week later.

Assystem UK pleaded guilty to failing to ensure the safety of its workers at Preston Crown Court.

Following an investigation, HSE found Mr O’Neill had been able to work on a platform in the path of the overhead crane without the power to the crane first being switched off.

The court heard that the platform, which was around 4m above the ground, originally had end stops to prevent it coming into contact with the platform. The stops had been removed for a different project and had never been replaced.

The platform had remained at the factory but there was no barrier at the bottom of the access ladder to prevent workers climbing up it while the crane was in use, HSE stated.

On the day of the incident, Mr O’Neill had been trying to replace a cable, which hangs down from the crane to a handheld control, after it had developed an intermittent fault.

The crane had been moved over the platform so Mr O’Neill could reach the top of the cable where it connects to a junction box on the crane. As he climbed onto the platform, the crane moved and he was crushed between the guard rails around the top of the ladder and the crane itself.

The HSE investigation found the crane cleared the top of the guard rails around the ladder and platform by just 8.5cm. Despite this, the company had not identified the risk of workers being crushed by the crane if they used the platform so no action had been taken to stop this from happening.

Stuart Kitchingman, HSE inspector, said: “Liam tragically lost his life because his employer didn’t think about the potential consequences of having a working platform in the path of an overhead crane.

“Assystem should never have allowed the end stops to be removed from the crane’s rails when it was still possible for workers to climb up the ladder onto the platform.

“It would have been simple to put a system in place to make sure power to the crane was switched off before anyone climbed onto the platform, or to put up a barrier to prevent access to the platform.”

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 08:21:12 PM »
Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home.We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.   sbobet indonesia

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 07:30:24 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.   88tangkas

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 05:57:12 PM »
Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home.I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information.   Rohrreinigung Reutlingen

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 09:44:37 PM »
Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks   Bandar Roulette Online

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 02:20:32 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your article and found the insights shared to be incredibly valuable. The information provided has given me a fresh perspective on the topic.   m4a4 howl for sale

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 10:53:56 AM »
Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post!You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.   yalla shoot

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seo
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2023, 05:56:34 PM »
I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You.This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.   CLICK HERE

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2023, 12:44:48 AM »
I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information.Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us.    judi baccarat

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2023, 12:49:47 AM »
Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject.I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information.Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene.Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.   rolet online

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2023, 07:08:41 PM »
The way you've presented this complex topic is commendable. The information is easy to digest, and the inclusion of practical examples and case studies adds real value. I'll be recommending this article to my peers!   disney on ice presale codes 2023

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2023, 06:27:16 PM »
You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work.I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed...Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanksi never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful.   Foto zeichnen lassen mit verstorbenen

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 02:17:55 AM »
i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful.You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful.Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home.   slot

seoooo

• +4/-0
  • Ludo King
seoooo
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2023, 12:25:08 AM »
A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.   auto schade repareren